Mergers and Acquisitions
Our attorneys provide in-depth deal advice, from initial structuring through due diligence, negotiation, and documentation to closing and post-closing integration across numerous industries.
In every transaction, business perspective informs our legal strategy and creative issue resolution so that client goals are met with outcomes that pave the way for growth and success.
Our M&A attorneys represent buyers and sellers of all sizes, ranging from small, privately held companies to multinational public companies and private equity funds in transactions that span the lower-middle and middle markets to multi-billion dollar mergers. The scale of our practice and depth of our deal experience enable us to provide cost-effective, focused solutions that meet the unique requirements of every client and transaction, no matter the deal type, company size, or industry.
Our clients' objectives are at the center of every engagement, whether we are advising Fortune 500 companies in implementing strategic growth initiatives through M&A, negotiating an add-on acquisition of a private equity portfolio company or counseling family-owned businesses in executing exit strategies.
We frequently advise clients on cross-border transactions, collaborating with existing client resources in local jurisdictions or our relationships with a host of international firms that are established leaders in their markets.
- Advised DuPont in:
- the divestiture of a majority of its Mobility & Materials segment to Celanese and the negotiation and drafting of numerous supply, manufacturing, site service and, transition service agreements;
- the merger of IFF and DuPont’s Nutrition & Biosciences business in a Reverse Morris Trust transaction. To separate the acquired business effectively, we drafted and negotiated numerous supply agreements, service agreements, and real estate agreements involving operations in multiple countries;
- the negotiation and drafting of more than 200 product manufacturing, supply, and services agreements in connection with the separation of DowDuPont into three separate publicly traded companies;
- the $510 million sale of its Clean Technologies business; and
- the divestiture of its Biomaterials business unit to Huafon Group for a purchase price of approximately $240 million.
- Represented ShoreView Capital Partners in its:
- sale of portfolio company Burton Plumbing LLC, a provider of HVAC and plumbing services to residential and commercial customers, which was the culmination of a roll-up strategy that included six acquisitions in less than two years;
- investment in Crown Products, Inc., a leading distributor of flooring and flooring installation products serving the Upper-Midwest and Mountain West;
- investment in 8020 Consulting, LLC, a provider of financial consulting services in Southern California, financial systems implementation, and turnaround/restructuring consulting; and
- investment in Diversified Search Group and four subsequent add-on acquisitions. Diversified Search Group is a leading executive search firm.
- Represented Republic Services, Inc., the second largest provider of waste disposal, recycling, and environmental services in the United States, on hundreds of M&A transactions throughout the country, including acquisitions, divestitures, and joint venture transactions.
- Represented the Minnesota Timberwolves Limited Partnership in the sale of 20 percent of the partnership interests owned by Taylor Corporation. The transaction, approved by the NBA, has an enterprise valuation of $1.5 billion.
- Represented leading wireless products supplier TESSCO Technologies Inc. in its merger with two entities affiliated with Lee Equity Partners and Twin Point Capital: wireless industry equipment distributor Alliance Corporation and Internet of Things (IoT) cellular solutions distributor GetWireless, LLC, in a transaction valued $161.4 million.
Rankings and Recognition
Recognized as a Six-Category M&A Standout
BTI M&A Outlook Report, 2022
A Top-Tier National Practice
26 practices ranked in the highest tier nationally
Best Law Firms, 2023
"The lawyers are always available and supportive in every way possible – they are incredibly knowledgeable and embrace every challenge as if they are personally responsible for the outcome across the entire initiative."
Chambers USA Colorado Corporate/M&A, 2021
"A very pragmatic approach."
Chambers USA Minnesota Corporate/M&A, 2021
"Knowledgeable, responsive and dedicated."
Chambers USA Pennsylvania Corporate/ M&A & Private Equity, 2021
“A respected practice which handles a large scope of corporate matters on a national level.”
Chambers USA Arizona Corporate/M&A, 2022
104 Attorneys and 50 Practices Recognized for Excellence
Chambers USA, 2023
Recognized for National Strength
The Legal 500, 2023