Ballard Spahr Launches Entrepreneur Legal Relief Program Amid Coronavirus Crisis
Ballard Spahr has established the Entrepreneur Legal Relief Program (ELRP) to ensure that entrepreneurs have the resources and counsel required to endure the current coronavirus crisis.
Through ELRP, Ballard Spahr lawyers will provide discounted legal services and other business support to entrepreneurs and emerging growth companies. Legal services will be offered at a highly aggressive pricing model, which includes pro bono, discounted, and fixed-fee arrangements, as well as fee deferrals that elongate the payment cycle and give entrepreneurs flexibility with cash flow.
In addition to pricing relief, Ballard Spahr will engage its vast network of contacts from the business community to provide mentorship, pitch workshop assistance, and connections to investors and the firm’s technology platforms.
Through ELRP, Ballard Spahr will:
- Provide an immediate, free consultation with any entrepreneur in need of assistance;
- Waive the first $2,500 of legal work;
- Offer a 25 percent discount on additional required legal work;
- Arrange and structure fixed fees where possible;
- Extend the collection of legal fees to a 90-day pay cycle, deferring certain fees even longer when related to capital raising transactions.
In addition to pricing relief, the firm will provide general business support, including:
- Matching entrepreneurial clients with mentors and investors seeking networking opportunities, advice, and funding;
- Allowing clients to use the firm’s virtual meeting technology;
- Organizing virtual social meet-ups for entrepreneurs to network, share stories, and simply connect during this uncertain time.
ELRP will be led by Business and Transactions Partner Gregory L. Seltzer, who also leads the firm’s Emerging Growth and Venture Capital Group. The Group represents startup companies, venture capital firms, private-equity funds, and angel investors. It also supports the firm's widely recognized accelerator program for startup companies: Ballard Academy for Student Entrepreneurs (BASE).
To apply, please contact:
Greg Seltzer at email@example.com
Kim Klayman at firstname.lastname@example.org