Ballard Spahr's 18th Annual National Housing Summit
529 14th Street NW
Ballard Spahr is thrilled to announce its 18th Annual National Housing Conference, to be held this year at the National Press Club - please note this new location! Please also note that our Housing Conference has moved from the Fall to the Spring, with our Summit to be held on May 9, 2023 as a hybrid event, with the option to attend in person or virtually, and our Symposium on May 10, 2023 in person only.
Please join us as nationally recognized affordable housing leaders and changemakers engage in conversations about affordable housing trends and innovations.
For those joining us in person, we invite you to join us after the Summit on Tuesday, May 9 for an evening gathering!
We look forward to hosting you.
This is a complimentary conference.
Tuesday, May 9, 2023 | 9:30 AM - 5:30 PM ET
In-person registration and continental breakfast from 9:00 - 9:30 AM ET
Log on at 9:20 AM ET for virtual guests
Post-event off-site event from 6:00 - 9:00 PM ET
Day One - in person or virtual
National Housing Authority Summit and post-conference evening gathering
Intended for housing authority clients
Topics to be covered include:
- Washington Update
- Equitable Development Initiative: A Conversation
- Year 15 Considerations
- Negotiating the Business Deal with Third Party Developers
- Faircloth to RAD and Other Development Tools
- Recent Developments in Fair Housing
- HUD Roundtable
Materials: Opportunities and Obstacles in Year 15
Presentation Slides: Year 15 Perspectives
Presentation Slides: Case Study – Faircloth to RAD and Other Development Tools
Panelists (additional panelists to be announced):
- Peggy Bailey, Vice President for Housing and Income Security, Center on Budget and Policy Priorities
- David Cortiella, Development Advisor to Housing Authorities, DJC Consulting Inc.
- Jan Goslee, Executive Vice President/General Counsel, Housing Authority of Baltimore City (HABC)
- Carolina Hollmann, Senior Associate, TAG Associates, Inc.
- Ann McKenzie, Chief of Development, Chicago Housing Authority
- Margaret Moran, Deputy Executive Director of Development, Cambridge Housing Authority
- Jeff Mosley, National EDI Program Lead, Capital Impact Partners
- Denise Muha, Executive Director, National Leased Housing Association
- Cynthia Newman-Lynch, Senior Vice President for Development, Housing Authority of Baltimore City (HABC)
- Sasha Samberg-Champion, Deputy General Counsel for Fair Housing and Enforcement, HUD
- Marissa Schaffer, Vice President, Transactions, Asset & Capital Management | Real Estate Development, New York City Housing Authority
- Jennifer Schwartz, Director of Tax and Housing Advocacy, National Council of State Housing Agencies
- Eunice Ahagotu, Ballard Spahr LLP
- Georgi Banna, Ballard Spahr LLP
- Jeffrey Beenstock, Ballard Spahr LLP
- Molly Bryson, Ballard Spahr LLP
- Angela Christy, Ballard Spahr LLP
- Spencer Eldred, Ballard Spahr LLP
- Mary Grace Folwell, Ballard Spahr LLP
- Amy Glassman, Ballard Spahr LLP
- Courtney Hunter, Ballard Spahr LLP
- Amy McClain, Ballard Spahr LLP
- Alejandro Monarez, Ballard Spahr LLP
- Sireen Tucker, Ballard Spahr LLP
Click here to view the current agenda
For more information, please contact Nikki Benner at BennerN@BallardSpahr.com.