Recent Federal and State Debt Collection Developments
11:00 AM - 12:00 PM CDT
Third-party debt collectors, first-party creditors, and debt buyers face an ever-evolving federal and state regulatory landscape as well as ongoing private litigation. Join us as we discuss:
- Compliance and licensing issues under District of Columbia, New York, and California debt collection laws
- Wyoming “debt buyer” law licensing requirement
- Interplay between Minnesota debt collection law translation requirement and Regulation F disclosure requirements
- The impact of the CFPB’s most recent rulemaking agenda on debt collectors
- 2022 debt collection litigation statistics
- State law developments related to the collection of student loans
This program is approved for 1.0 CLE credit in CA, NJ, & NY. Uniform Certificates of Attendance will also be provided for the purpose of seeking credit in other jurisdictions. Please note: CLE credit in the following states will not be available: NV and PA.
Please register at least two days before the webinar. Login details will be sent to all approved registrants. For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Subscribe to Ballard Spahr Mailing Lists
Get the latest significant legal alerts, news, webinars, and insights that affect your industry.Subscribe