How the Supreme Court Will Decide Threat to CFPB's Funding and Structure
Join Adam J. White, a renowned expert on Separation of Powers and the Appropriations Clause and a close follower of the Supreme Court, as well as members of Ballard Spahr's Consumer Financial Services Group, for a 90-minute deep dive into all important aspects of the Fifth Circuit opinion in CFSA v. CFPB. We will answer the following questions:
- How will the Supreme Court decide the case, what the vote will be, and who holds the swing vote(s)?
- Is it possible to distinguish the CFPB’s funding from the funding of the Fed, OCC, FDIC, and other federal agencies?
- If the Supreme Court holds that the CFPB’s funding is unconstitutional, what will the remedy be?
- Will the opinion be of prospective effect only or will that be left unclear?
- Will the existing CFPB regulations be invalidated in whole or in part, and what is the practical result of invalidation on pending, past, and future enforcement (including consent orders) and civil litigation?
- Until the Supreme Court rules, what will be the impact on the CFPB’s operations, including funding for ongoing rulemakings, supervision, and enforcement?
- If the Supreme Court holds that the CFPB’s funding is unconstitutional, how will Congress react?
- What are the goals of industry and consumer advocates?
This program is intended for in-house lawyers in the financial services industry.
This program is approved for 1.5 CLE credits in CA, NJ, & NY. Uniform Certificates of Attendance will be provided for the purpose of seeking CLE credit in other states. Please note: CLE credit in the following states will not be available: NV and PA.
Please register at least two days before the webinar. Login details will be sent to all approved registrants. For more information, contact email@example.com.