PART I: COVID 19 and the Education Industry – Pressing Issues Facing Every Institution A Three-Part Ballard Spahr webinar series on May 28, June 3, and June 10, 2020
12:00 PM - 1:00 PM ET
Join us for a three-part program addressing potential litigation risks and liability facing educational institutions whether or not they choose to reopen, major issues related to reopening safely, and the obligations and liability relating to what information an institution must disclose to the public.
Part I of this series will cover two types of liability, with the first being liability arising out of tuition and experience-related claims and covering:
- The essence of the claim;
- The three causes of action being asserted: contract, unjust enrichment, and (sometimes) conversion and defenses thereto;
- Class issues;
- Standing issues (payer vs. student);
- Damages issues, including decision making going forward; and
The second half of this program will cover liability arising out of health and safety claims when campuses reopen, including:
- Best practices with respect to management of vendor PPE products and related contractual provisions on warranties, indemnification and insurance;
- Protocols and related warnings and disclosures for temperature checks and related procedures for entrance into, and potential expulsion from, university buildings; and
- Sensitivity to a regulatory void and evolving guidance from OSHA, the CDC, NIOSH and other agencies.
Subscribe to Ballard Spahr Mailing Lists
Get the latest significant legal alerts, news, webinars, and insights that affect your industry.Subscribe