Our attorneys provide innovative, cost-effective results to clients in the fast-changing U.S. energy industry, making us a powerful ally in the development, acquisition, and financing of energy assets and in the achievement of regulatory, policy, and legislative goals.
Our clients span the industry. We represent producers and distributors of power and renewable energy as well as underwriters, private issuers, banks, and other institutions who invest in energy assets.
Our on-the-ground experience provides clients with the edge they need in challenging times.
We provide wide-ranging legal counsel in the power, utilities, and renewable energy industry on matters such as:
- Project development
- Project finance
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Power purchase agreements
- Public power and utility finance
- Served as lead M&A counsel to an independent fund manager in its acquisition of a 22 MW distributed, cooled-air energy storage project portfolio in California. The project portfolio consists of 16 separate contracts with an electric supply company for approximately 1,500 energy storage systems to be located on more than 500 separate sites in the supplier's service territory.
- Served as lead M&A counsel to an independent fund manager in its acquisition, through a competitive bid process from a renewable energy development company, of distributed solar PV portfolio with a nameplate capacity of 115 MWAC with projects located on 136 different sites across 12 states.
- Served as lead lender's counsel in connection with the closing of funding for an add-on portfolio of community solar power projects located in Massachusetts. The portfolio includes residential, commercial, and municipal/housing authority offtakers. We provided consumer regulatory review, due diligence, document drafting, and negotiation and opinion coordination with the borrower.