Hot Topics in NY Antitrust: Class Certification and Fraud-Based Antitrust Investigations
Ballard Spahr Antitrust and Competition Practice Leader Leslie E. John will present at "Hot Topics in NY Antitrust: Class Certification and Fraud-Based Antitrust Investigations," a CLE program sponsored by the New York City Bar's Antitrust & Trade Regulation Committee. Featuring two distinguished panels, this program will cover:
- Class certification standards in antitrust cases
- Use of statistical evidence in class certification
- The Supreme Court's decision in Tyson Foods, Inc. v. Bouaphakeo
- Applicability and implications of Tyson for antitrust cases
- The expert's perspective: challenging and defending statistical evidence at the class certification stage
- Recent investigations into financial markets and antitrust case developments
- Judicial, governmental, and in-house perspectives on the recent wave of antitrust cases in the financial services industry
- Civil and criminal enforcement and policy initiatives of the current administration
Partner Denise L. Plunkett is co-chair of the program. This program is free for members of the New York City Bar Association (non-members: $89).
Click here for more information or to register.