A new cut, fabric, or technology can be your differentiator. Protecting the fashion features that customers want—be they intangible or more concrete—is a vital part of market success.
Our national team of Fashion IP attorneys has decades of experience counseling tastemakers and trendsetters on trademarks, copyrights, and design and utility patents. Whether you are a new label with growth potential or an established omni-channel house, we can help you strengthen your IP protection. We provide due diligence and counseling that creates room to build on strengths, grow strategically, and secure the IP assets that will capture the value of your creative vision.
And because the world of fashion now lives in the realms of digital interaction and business, we advise our clients on IP issues involving social media, unfair competition, and influencer marketing.
In addition to our IP work, we can help fashion clients extend their influence and strengthen the foundations of their business by providing advice about:
- Corporate Expansion and Fashion Financing
- Human Resources Guidance for Corporate and Retail Divisions
- Retail Leasing
- Advertising, Promotions and Sweepstakes
- Data Privacy
- Regulatory Compliance
- Serve as lead outside counsel for client L Brand's patent litigation matters and strategic intellectual property issues. Recent highlights include work on maximizing value of intellectual property.
- Represent a clothing and beauty retailer in a patent infringement suit and focused our strategy on invalidating prior art and the ambiguity of the claims in light of the history of sizing issues in the industry.
- Represent one of the world's largest apparel, footwear and accessories companies and owner of iconic brands on intellectual property matters including trademark and copyright prosecution and related matters.
- Serve as lead outside counsel on major rebranding efforts for our client, which is an industry-leader in televised home shopping. We work closely with the in-house team on trademark strategy, brand expansion, patent, and advertising issues. We support the in-house team and bringing further success to this recognized leader in omni-channel retail.