Hannah Welsh is an associate in Ballard Spahr’s Litigation Department. Hannah focuses her practice on securities enforcement and litigation and other complex commercial litigation. Hannah also has experience with environmental litigation, contract disputes, and theft of trade secret litigation. As a litigator, Hannah has experience throughout several stages of the litigation process, including case analysis, injunctive and emergency relief, motions practice, discovery, document production, and depositions.
Hannah also maintains a robust pro bono practice. She represents children in dependency proceedings in Philadelphia Family Court as a volunteer attorney with the Support Center for Child Advocates. Hannah also represents tenants in eviction proceedings as a volunteer attorney for Philadelphia VIP. Hannah also represents individuals in immigration proceedings and successfully obtained a grant of asylum in Philadelphia Immigration Court. While in law school, Hannah advocated on behalf of disciplined students in the Philadelphia School District, and served as student pro bono counsel in an immigration appeal to the Third Circuit Court of Appeals.
Securities Enforcement and Litigation
- Represented a broker-dealer in a FINRA investigation regarding research analyst rules.
- Represented a mutual fund portfolio manager in an SEC investigation regarding cross trades and odd-lot purchases of fixed income securities.
- Represented a public company in a securities class action in which the court granted our motion to dismiss the complaint (with leave to amend; matter still pending).
- Represented a company in theft of trade secrets action.
- Represents financial institutions in Fair Credit Reporting Act actions.
- Represents companies in Junk Fax Reporting Act actions.
- Represents entities in environmental litigation actions, including remediation claims.
Hon. Cheryl A. Krause, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit, 2018
Hon. Lynn A. Sitarski, U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania, 2017
Temple University Beasley School of Law (J.D., summa cum laude, 2019)
Order of the Coif
National Order of the Barristers
Staff Editor, The Temple Law Review, 2017-2018
Moot Court Competition Team, 2017-2019
Board Member, School Discipline Advocacy Service, 2017-2019
Student Member, Inn of Court, 2018-2019
Tulane University A.B. Freeman School of Business (B.S., cum laude, 2016)
Mortar Board, President, National Senior Honors Society
VP of Scholarship, Pan-Hellenic Executive Board
U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
U.S. District Court for the District of Colorado