Jere G. Thompson focuses on affordable housing finance, with an emphasis on multifamily and single family tax-exempt private activity bonds and Low Income Housing Tax Credits (LIHTC). Jere is involved in every aspect of affordable housing financing, representing LIHTC investors, LIHTC syndicators, lenders, developers, and state housing finance agencies.
Jere serves as bond counsel in transactions involving mortgage revenue bonds, multifamily residential rental bonds and exempt facility bonds, and traditional municipal general obligation and revenue bonds, including variable-rate and various types of credit-enhanced financings. He also has extensive experience with derivative products, such as multi-mode bond indentures, dutch auction securities, and securitization of tax-exempt and taxable bonds where bonds are deposited into a trust and derivative products are issued in the form of principal and interest strips. He has been involved in a multitude of financings for variable-rate and interest-rate swaps.
Representative Housing Transactions
- Pennsylvania Housing Finance Agency – multiple issuances of single family mortgage revenue bonds dating back to 1997 as well as several multifamily housing bond issuances
- Kamana Elderly Apartments (HI) – an affordable housing development for seniors qualified for $5.2 million in federal low-income housing tax credits and $2.6 million in Hawaii state LIHTCs from Hawaii Housing Finance and Development Corp.
- South Carolina State Housing Finance and Development Authority – multifamily housing revenue bonds qualifying for LIHTC
Representative Military Housing Transactions
- Ohana Military Communities, LLC ($60,505,000) Military Housing Revenue Class I Bonds (Marine Corps Hawaii Housing Privatization Project) 2015 Series A
- Hawaii Military Communities LLC ($843,144,482) Military Housing Revenue Bonds (Navy Housing Privatization Project)
- Forest City Southern Group, LLC ($127,975,000) Military Housing Taxable Revenue Bonds (Air Force Southern Group Privatization Project) 2011 Series A-1 and ($45,000,000) Taxable Military Housing Revenue Class I Bonds (Air Force Southern Group Privatization Project) 2011 Series A-2
American Bar Association
Pennsylvania Bar Association
Philadelphia Bar Association
National Association of Bond Lawyers
National Council of State Housing Agencies
Vanderbilt University Law School (J.D. 1980)
Research Editor, Vanderbilt Journal of Transnational Law
The Johns Hopkins University (B.A. 1977)