Raymond A. Quaglia is experienced in a diverse range of real estate and commercial litigation, including commercial foreclosures, contractual disputes, lender liability and condominium litigation, as well as in the area of gaming law. Ray has successfully represented both plaintiffs and defendants in a variety of business disputes in federal and state court.
His recent trial-level work includes representing special servicers, lenders and receivers in foreclosure, receivership and lender liability actions; representing commercial landlords in lease disputes with tenants; and litigating commercial contract disputes. Ray has obtained and executed upon more than $750 million in judgments in commercial mortgage foreclosure actions.
At the appellate level, Ray has appeared before the Supreme Court of Pennsylvania and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit. He is also an experienced gaming attorney who has appeared on numerous occasions before the Pennsylvania Gaming Control Board.
- Commercial Litigation and Dispute Resolution
- Consumer Financial Services
- Real Estate Finance
- Distressed Real Estate
- Distressed Office Buildings
- Distressed Assets and Opportunities
- Real Estate and Construction Litigation
- Banking and Financial Services
- New York Real Estate Finance
Real Estate and Commercial Litigation
- Obtained judgment for the lender in a commercial mortgage foreclosure action following trial in the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania in U.S. Bank Nat’l Ass’n, as Trustee v. JGKM Assocs., Civil Action No. 12-4550, 2015 WL 1474448 (March 31, 2015)
- Obtained a $950,000 verdict plus attorneys’ fees following trial for the plaintiff/landlord in a commercial lease dispute with the tenant in the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania in NRFC Philmont Holdings, LLC v. AWeber Systems, Inc., Civil Action No. 12-7019, 2014 WL 1515621 (April 16, 2014) & 2014 WL 3844617 (August 1, 2014)
- Represented the condominium developer in MetroClub Condominium Ass’n v. 201-59 North Eighth Street Assocs., L.P., 47 A.3d 137 (Pa. Super. Ct 2012), affirming the developer’s right to continue to control unallocated parking spaces after control of the association’s executive board has passed to the unit owners
American Bar Association
Pennsylvania Bar Association
Recognition & Accomplishments
Benchmark Litigation, "Future Star," 2009-2016, 2018-2023
Frequent speaker on gaming issuesSpeaker, "Setting Ground Rules Before Litigation: Tips for Transactional Lawyers," Ballard Spahr CLE webinar, March 21, 2017
University of Pennsylvania Law School (J.D. 1991)
Georgetown University (B.A., magna cum laude, 1988)
U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit