Raymond A. Quaglia is experienced in a diverse range of real estate and commercial litigation, including commercial foreclosures and receiverships, contractual disputes, lender liability and condominium litigation. Ray actively practices in the state and federal courts of Pennsylvania, New York and New Jersey and has successfully represented both plaintiffs and defendants in a variety of real estate and business disputes.
His recent trial-level work includes representing special servicers, lenders, and receivers in foreclosure, receivership and lender liability actions; representing commercial landlords and tenants in lease disputes, and litigating commercial contract and LIHTC partnership disputes. Ray has substantial experience with receiverships and receiver sales in federal and state court.
At the appellate level, Ray has appeared before the Supreme Court of Pennsylvania and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit.
- Commercial Litigation and Dispute Resolution
- Consumer Financial Services
- Real Estate Finance
- Distressed Real Estate
- Distressed Office Buildings
- Distressed Assets and Opportunities
- Real Estate and Construction Litigation
- Banking and Financial Services
- New York Real Estate Finance
- Obtained judgment of $51 million for the lender in a commercial mortgage foreclosure action following trial in the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania in U.S. Bank Nat’l Ass’n, as Trustee v. B-R Penn Realty Owner, LP, Civil Action No. 21-0502, 2023 WL 2330411 (March 2, 2023) (liability) & 2023 WL 4216091 (June 27, 2023) (damages)
- Obtained dismissal of loan servicers from lender liability action on preliminary objections in Philadelphia Common Pleas Court in Marine Club Associates, LLC v. Wells Fargo Bank, Nat’l Ass’n, as Trustee, Case No. 210704373 (Feb. 1, 2022)
- Obtained dismissal of lender liability counterclaims in commercial foreclosure action in the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania in U.S. Bank Nat’l Ass’n, as Trustee v. B-R Penn Realty Owner, LP, Civil Action No. 21-0502, 2021 WL 2778553 (July 1, 2021)
American Bar Association
Pennsylvania Bar Association
Recognition & Accomplishments
Benchmark Litigation, "Future Star," 2009-2016, 2018-2024
Legal 500, Real Estate - Real Estate Finance, 2022
Speaker, "Setting Ground Rules Before Litigation: Tips for Transactional Lawyers," Ballard Spahr CLE webinar, March 21, 2017
University of Pennsylvania Law School (J.D. 1991)
Georgetown University (B.A., magna cum laude, 1988)
U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit