Adrian King focuses his practice at the intersection of law and government. With his extensive government sector experience and deep knowledge of the governmental and regulatory process, Adrian provides his clients with the benefit of an insider’s perspective as he works to achieve their goals and objectives. He regularly represents clients before federal, state, and local executive branch and administrative agencies, as well as legislative bodies and committees, with an emphasis on gaming, state attorney general enforcement actions, and government affairs. Adrian is a Co-Practice Leader of both the firm’s Gaming practice and its Government Relations and Public Policy Group.
- General Outside Legal Counsel to Penn National Gaming.
- Counsel to IAC / Interactive Corporation in connection with its $1 billion investment in MGM Resorts International.
- Counsel to Centaur Gaming in connection with application for a Pennsylvania Category 1 gaming license.
State Attorney General Enforcement Actions
- Representation of a summer camp operator in connection with a pandemic-related business suspension and subsequent consumer refund requests.
- Representation of a multinational consumer electronics retailer in connection with an investigation of gift card fraud.
- Representation of a nonprofit, physician-evaluation organization that certifies physicians practicing in certain specialties in connection with allegations of mismanagement. Investigation concluded with no action taken by the attorney general’s office.
Government Relations and Regulatory Affairs
- Representation of AT&T in federal and state government relations matters relative to its proposed acquisition of T-Mobile.
- Representation of LightSquared before federal executive branch agencies in connection with its development of a nationwide wireless broadband network.
- Representation of Exelon Generation in connection with Pennsylvania government relations and emergency planning matters.
- Counsel to a consortium consisting of Amtrak, Jones Lang LaSalle, and Merchant Equity Group in connection with the construction of transportation-oriented development to be located at Amtrak’s North Philadelphia Station.
- Counsel to the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania in connection with the proposed lease of the Pennsylvania Turnpike; secured the largest bid for a public asset in U.S. history: $12.8 billion.
- Counsel to the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania in connection with the development of a Marine Container Terminal Facility to be located at the Philadelphia Naval Shipyard.
American Bar Association
Pennsylvania Bar Association
Recognition & Accomplishments
Selected by the Philadelphia Business Journal to receive its 40 Under 40 Award, which recognizes 40 individuals under the age of 40 who are proven performers in their respective industries and communities, May 2007
One of 10 lawyers honored by The Legal Intelligencer and Pennsylvania Law Weekly as one of the "Top Lateral Hires of 2005"
Recipient of the Pennsylvania National Guard's highest civilian honor, the Meritorious Service Medal, for dedication and service to the Commonwealth, October 2005
Testimony before the Pennsylvania Senate Community, Economic and Recreational Development Committee: Gaming Industry Opposition to Senate Bill 1256 – VGT Expansion Legislation, October 2020
Testimony before the Pennsylvania House Gaming Oversight Committee: Gaming Industry Opposition to So-Called “Games of Skill,” June 2019
Pennsylvania Bar Institute Continuing Legal Education Course: “Creating, Influencing and Challenging a Regulation,” November 2016
Board Memberships & Community Service
Museum of the American Revolution, Board Member and Secretary, December 2005-Present
Pennsylvania Governor Tom Wolf's Pipeline Infrastructure Task Force, Emergency Preparedness Workgroup, 2015
Pennsylvania Governor Tom Wolf's State Police Transition Review Team, 2014
Co-author, Pennsylvania Overview, International Comparative Legal Guides, Gambling, A Practical Cross-Border Insight into Gambling Law, 2020 Edition
Temple University James E. Beasley School of Law (J.D. 1993, cum laude)
Columbia University (B.A. 1989)
Harvard University, John F. Kennedy School of Government (Certificate in Crisis Management 2004)
U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania
Mr. King has appeared, via pro hac vice motion, in the state and/or federal courts of Connecticut, Maine, Maryland, Montana, New Hampshire, and New Jersey