Mark Dietzen regularly represents agents, lenders, borrowers and private equity groups in all aspects of leveraged financings, agricultural lending, project financings, syndicated loan transactions, structured financings, and other related loan and project transactions.
Mark also represents financial institutions in connection with mergers and acquisitions, reorganizations, regulatory matters, and capital-raising transactions.
Over the past decade, Mark has closed more than 100 financing transactions and assisted more than 35 financial institutions in whole bank or branch sale transactions.
- Represented manufacturing company in obtaining $22,000,000 loan to refinance existing debt and finance a restructuring of the company.
- Represented a large financial institution in a credit facility with loan commitments in excess of $200 million to an energy company engaged in the acquisition, exploration, development and production of domestic onshore crude oil and gas reserves.
- Represented a large financial institution as agent in a credit facility with loan commitments in excess of $245 million to an energy company engaged in the development, acquisition and management of oil and gas properties in the United States.
- Represented a steel service company in a $35,000,000 credit facility including a term loan, asset-based revolver and mezzanine debt secured by personal property and real estate.
- Represented private equity fund in credit facility with loan commitments in excess of $14,000,000 to be used to acquire a manufacturer of custom storage products.
- Represented a portfolio company of a private equity fund engaged in the business of industrial metal fabrication in the refinancing of multiple credit facilities with commitments in excess of $65,000,000.
- Represented a registered bank holding company in the sale of a holding company located in the Bakken oil field region of North Dakota to regional competitor.
- Represented a national bank in the acquisition of a Minnesota chartered bank in its trade territory.
- Represented a Wisconsin bank in an acquisition of multiple branch offices from troubled bank as part of dissolution process.
American Bar Association, Business Law Section, Member
Minnesota State Bar Association, Business Law Section, Member
Hennepin County Bar Association, Member
Bank Holding Company Association, Member
Recognition & Accomplishments
The Best Lawyers in America, banking and finance law, 2018-2021
Minnesota Super Lawyers, Rising Star, 2009, 2010, 2012-2014
North Star Lawyer, Minnesota State Bar Association, 2013, 2014
2017 Advanced Lending Seminar, Complimentary Seminar, May 11, 2017
2016 Advanced Lending Seminar, Complimentary Seminar, April 21, 2016
"Current Trends in Community Bank M&A," Bank Holding Company Association, October 6, 2015
"Current Loan Documentation Trends," Lindquist & Vennum Advanced Lending Seminar, May 1, 2014
Lindquist & Vennum 7th Annual Advanced Lending Seminar, Complimentary Seminar, April 24, 2014
"Selected Legal Issues in Project Finance," FCS Commercial Finance Group, Credit & Marketing Meeting, November 1, 2013
"Capital Raising with Convertible Subordinated Debentures," Independent Community Bankers of Minnesota Legal Webinar, January 1, 2010
Board Memberships & Community Service
Local Non-Profit, Tax Exempt Foundation, President and Board Member, 2009-2013
Local Youth Hockey Association, Assistant Coach, 2010-present
"Practice Spotlight," Business Law Currents, Thomson Reuters/Westlaw, July 1, 2012
William Mitchell College of Law (now Mitchell Hamline School of Law) (J.D., cum laude, 2000)
University of St. Thomas (B.A., 1996)