Consumer Financial Services Outlook 2020: What to Expect From Federal Regulators
As we enter the fourth year of the Trump Administration, the CFPB, FTC, and federal banking agencies can be expected to reflect White House priorities. Despite the predictions of many observers, Republican control has not dramatically changed the day-to-day activities of these agencies, with them all continuing to be active in enforcing consumer financial services laws. At the same time, the agencies are engaged in efforts to address the impact of rapid technological innovation on financial services providers, such as the CFPB’s innovation initiatives, the OCC’s fintech charter proposal, and interagency guidance on artificial intelligence.
In this webinar, we will share our insights on what has happened at the federal regulators in recent months and our expectations for 2020. The issues we will discuss include:
- Constitutionality challenge to CFPB and possible U.S. Supreme Court outcomes
- Regulatory initiatives and 2020 priorities
- Consent orders and enforcement activity and 2020 priorities
- Supervisory developments and 2020 examination focus
- Innovation-related developments and 2020 focus