Avoiding Employment & Employee Benefits Pitfalls in the Manufacturing Industry
We are pleased to present The Evolving Manufacturing Industry: Legal Developments, Challenges, and Opportunities’ first program of the year. Ballard Spahr Labor and Employment attorneys will discuss recent labor and employment law developments at both the federal and state levels as well as employee benefits concerns that impact employers in the manufacturing industry.
Join us as we discuss:
- Wage and hour developments, such as minimum wage hikes, overtime calculations and exempt status;
- The continuing #MeToo movement and its effect on required employee training, confidentiality clauses, and claims activity;
- Gender discrimination and expanding LBGT protections;
- How corporate executives can avoid personal liability for 401(k) plan decisions;
- Employee Retirement Income Security Act litigation surrounding employee benefit plans;
- Benefit programs to address student loan debt; and
- The shift at the National Labor Relations Board to create more employer friendly rulings.