We form IP licensing strategies that maximize value. Our attorneys offer business strategy and contingency planning, anti-takeover defenses, reclamation of intellectual property, and alternative dispute resolution.
Our attorneys draft and negotiate agreements covering patented technology, trademarks, copyrights, and trade secrets. We help development-stage businesses in-license technology from university technology commercialization offices, founders, developers, and strategic partners.
We also represent technology commercialization offices, businesses, developers, and holding companies in out-licensing intellectual property to provide revenue streams and enhance the value of technology portfolios.
Our attorneys negotiate and draft:
- Patent, copyright, trademark, and trade secret license agreements
- Commercialization agreements
- Cross-licensing agreements
- Collaborative research agreements
- Domestic and international marketing and distribution agreements
- Confidentiality agreements
- End user license agreements
- We represented the nation's largest communication company (cable, telephony, high-speed data) in the development of a nationwide communications platform and software system for the delivery of next-generation residential and commercial messaging.
- We represented the world's largest philanthropy devoted to improving health and health care in the United States in structuring a grant program for the creation of open-source health care software and paperless data and record management platforms.
- We represented a consortium of cable system operators comprising the majority of the North American cable market in the development of next-generation software, firmware, and microprocessors for the provision of secure digital content to consumer devices.