Peter Jaslow, Practice Co-Leader of the firm's Blockchain Technology and Cryptocurrency Group, is a corporate and transactional attorney who advises publicly- and privately-held companies in corporate and commercial transactions. In particular, Peter represents companies in public and private offerings and other capital-raising transactions, merger and acquisition transactions, and a variety of commercial technology and financial services transactions. He also counsels clients regarding securities matters, including corporate governance, disclosure, and compliance matters.
Peter focuses his practice on life science, technology, retail and financial services companies and transactions, including those in the cutting-edge industries of software, virtual and cryptocurrency and Bitcoin, mobile applications, and cloud-based technology, where he assists clients in developing and implementing business and development strategies and completing other major transactions. His experience includes the negotiation and preparation of various commercial contracts, such as licensing agreements, software and application development agreements, SaaS and cloud services agreements, distribution and manufacturing agreements, as well as other commercial agreements. In the financial services context, he has represented banks and other companies in the negotiation of payment processing agreements, branding, incentive and card acquisition agreements and other services agreements.
- Business and Transactions
- Intellectual Property
- Life Sciences
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Private Equity
- Securities and Capital Markets
- Emerging Companies and Venture Capital
- Banking and Financial Services
- Blockchain Technology and Cryptocurrency
- Artificial Intelligence
- Fintech and Payment Solutions
- Cannabis and Psychedelics
- Manufacturing and Consumer Products
- PVH Corporation, in connection with its agreement to acquire True&Co., a California- based direct-to-consumer intimate apparel e-commerce retailer.
- Ticketleap, Inc., an online ticket sales company, in its sale for $13 million of outstanding shares of stock and warrants to Providence Equity Group.
- Sharp Packaging Services, a division of UDG Healthcare plc, in its purchase of a pharmaceutical packaging facility in Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, from Daiichi Sankyo, Inc. In connection with the acquisition, Sharp and Daiichi Sankyo entered into a commercial packaging services agreement, pursuant to which Sharp will provide pharmaceutical packaging services for Daiichi Sankyo. The total purchase price of the acquisition was $14 million.
Pro Bono Experience
Association for Corporate Growth
Executive Committee, Philadelphia Bar Association
Co-Chair, Securities Regulation Committee, Philadelphia Bar Association
Recognition & Accomplishments
Speaker, "Cloud Services in the Financial Services Industry," Ballard Spahr webinar, September 24, 2019
Moderator, "Legal Considerations of Cryptocurrency and Blockchain," The Philadelphia Bar Association Business Law Section's Banking & Commercial Finance, Cyberlaw, and Securities Regulation Committees CLE, Philadelphia, June 26, 2018
Panelist, "Securities Law Update 2018: Recent Developments Under the Federal Securities Laws," Ballard Spahr seminar, January 18, 2018
Co-author, "Cryptocurrencies and Securities Laws: Legal Landscape Continues to Take Shape," The Legal Intelligencer, August 5, 2019
Co-author, "Will Regulation A Take Off? Expansion Makes Exchange Act Reporting Companies Eligible," The Legal Intelligencer, January 28, 2019
Co-author, "Less Is More for SEC Disclosure Effectiveness Changes," The Legal Intelligencer, November 5, 2018
George Washington University Law School (J.D. 2006, with high honors)
Notes Editor, George Washington International Law Review; Member, Order of the Coif
Washington University in St. Louis (B.S.C.S. 2003, cum laude)