Six Ballard Spahr Attorneys Named to Benchmark Litigation's 40 & Under
Six Ballard Spahr attorneys across five offices and six primary practice groups have been named to Benchmark Litigation’s 40 & Under list.
The six Ballard Spahr attorneys are partners in the Litigation Department, which, with 250 attorneys, is the firm’s largest practice. Its attorney have compiled an outstanding track record of success in state and federal trial courts, appellate courts, administrative agencies, and arbitration forums, and the department has been cited for excellence by The Legal Intelligencer, Best Law Firms, and Chambers USA.
The Ballard Spahr attorneys recognized are:
- Midwest—Gregory Szewczyk, Denver and Boulder—Commercial Litigation and Dispute Resolution: Mr. Szewczyk, who co-leads the firm’s Privacy and Data Security Group, helps companies assess risk and comply with the ever expanding patchwork of state, federal, and international privacy and data security statutes and regulations.
- Northeast—Emilia McKee Vassallo, Philadelphia—White Collar Defense/Internal Investigations: Ms. McKee Vassallo focuses on conducting internal investigations and representing businesses, organizations, and individuals in white collar defense and complex commercial litigation.
- Northeast—Marcel S. Pratt, Philadelphia—Antitrust and Competition: Mr. Pratt, the firm’s Philadelphia Office Managing Partner and former Philadelphia City Solicitor, represents clients with commercial litigation, antitrust and competition law, product liability, class actions, investigations, and government relations matters. He also leads the firm's Crisis Management Team.
- Northeast—Thomas B. Sullivan, New York—Media and Entertainment Law: Mr. Sullivan represents media clients in defamation, invasion of privacy, access, intellectual property, and other content-related matters, and has represented a variety of clients in a wide range of civil and criminal matters.
- Northeast—Jessica Case Watt, Delaware—Securities Enforcement and Corporate Governance Litigation: Ms. Watt represents clients in complex corporate and commercial disputes. Her corporate litigation practice in the Delaware Court of Chancery regularly addresses breach of fiduciary duty claims, shareholder disputes, advancement and indemnification claims, and other corporate governance issues.
- West—Lea A. Phillips, Phoenix—Environment and Natural Resources: Ms. Phillips focuses on serving the renewable energy, manufacturing, and waste/recycling industries and has particular experience in battery energy storage systems. She counsels on project development and obtains and defends challenges to environmental and land use permits.
Benchmark Litigation compiles its 40 & Under list by conducting interviews with litigators, dispute resolution specialists, and their clients. During these interviews, Benchmark Litigation personnel examine recent casework handled by law firms and ask individual litigators to provide their professional opinions on peers and practitioners within their jurisdiction or practice area. To learn more, please visit Benchmark Litigation’s methodology page.
For media inquiries, please contact Will Ashenmacher at 612.371.5792.