Electronic Contracting: The New Restatement of Consumer Contracts and Other Emerging Regulatory and Litigation Issues
As companies emerge from the post-COVID-19 world, e-commerce and electronic contracting have become more important than ever. Please join our panel of experts for an in-depth discussion of legal and regulatory issues related to electronic contracts and disclosures. Panelists will include Ballard Spahr attorneys Alan Kaplinsky, Mike Guerrero and Mark Levin, and special guest Florencia Marotta-Wurgler, Professor of Law at New York University, who was a Reporter for the American Law Institute’s recently approved Restatement of the Law of Consumer Contracts.
Topics will include:
- The Restatement’s impact on electronic contracting principles.
- An overview of the Electronic Signatures in Global and National Commerce Act (“E-SIGN”), state Uniform Electronic Transactions Acts, guidance on the delivery of electronic disclosures, issues pertaining to the enforceability of electronic contracts.
- Recent litigation and enforcement related to e-contracting and disclosure practices, including arbitration provisions.
- Issues presented by in-person electronic contracting.
- Best practices and pitfalls in the presentation of electronic consents and disclosures.
- An update on the E-SIGN Modernization Act and FTC advertising guidance.
This program is approved for 1.0 CLE credit in CA, NJ, & NY. Uniform Certificates of Attendance will be provided for the purpose of seeking CLE credit in other states. Please note: CLE credit in the following states will not be available: NV and PA.
Please register at least two days before the webinar. Login details will be sent to all approved registrants. For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.