The California Consumer Privacy Act: What Comes Next?
The California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (CCPA) is the broadest state privacy law in U.S. history, significantly expanding the privacy rights of California residents, and providing for a private right of action. Hundreds of thousands of businesses across the country are subject to the CCPA’s heightened disclosure requirements and will need to take action to come into compliance with the law by January 2020. Join us as we discuss the latest updates to the Act, public comments that have been made so far, and what companies can do now to ensure compliance.
• An overview of CCPA, including disclosure requirements, access rights, and rights of action
• Recent public comments to the California Attorney General and proposed amendments
• What’s next for rulemaking and enforcement
• What companies can do now to prepare for compliance
• Pending state “copycat laws”