Katherine M. Noonan is the Practice Leader of Ballard Spahr's Real Estate Development and Transactions Group. Katie represents developers in mixed-use projects, including analyzing project structure and the drafting, negotiation, and recordation of condominium documents. Katie works with developer and association clients with regard to ongoing compliance with governing documents and project operations. She has assisted numerous clients on local law compliance in the disposition of multifamily residential projects. She focuses specifically on rights of first refusal in Montgomery County and Prince George's County, Md., as well as the District of Columbia's Tenant Opportunity to Purchase Act (TOPA).
Katie has represented lenders and borrowers with a variety of energy projects, including solar, hydroelectric, and gas-fired electric generation facilities, addressing the specific real estate issues related to acquisition and financing.
- Represented a national self-storage company in the negotiations of a senior debt facility for the acquisitions of a multi-property, multi-state portfolio of self-storage properties
- Represented national trade association in the negotiation of its headquarter office space in the District of Columbia.
- Represented national retailer in connection with its acquisition of land and consolidation of parcels for the construction of large distribution center.
- Represented District of Columbia developer in the creation of high-end residential condominium in Georgetown.
Pro Bono Experience
- Represent District of Columbia social services agency in connection with leasing matters.
- Represented District of Columbia charter school with regard to leasing issues and certain financing matters.
American Bar Association
Maryland Bar Association
Recognition & Accomplishments
The District of Columbia Court of Appeals and Superior Court of the District of Columbia named Katie to the Capital Pro Bono High Honor Roll in 2014, for providing 100 hours of pro bono service in the prior calendar year.
Speaker, "Tackling Large Scale, Long Term, Mixed Use Real Estate Development Projects," Maryland State Bar Association Advanced Real Property Institute, 2018
Speaker, "Green Lease Update," BOMA's National Advisory Council Meeting, Chicago, May 4, 2018
University of Baltimore School of Law (J.D. 2007, magna cum laude)
Loyola University Chicago (B.A 2000, magna cum laude)
Recipient, President's Medallion for the College of Arts and Sciences; Member, Alpha Sigma Nu Jesuit Honor Society
District of Columbia