A Judicial 'Tidal Wave' Just Walloped The CFPB, Now What?
When a federal appeals court ruling called the funding mechanism for the CFPB into question, thus endangering the agency's very existence, national media outlets turned to Alan Kaplinksy for insight and perspective.
"For the CFPB, this is more than just a cloud hanging over their head — it's a tidal wave that just hit them," Mr. Kaplinsky told Law360. "There's not a thing the agency has done that isn't affected by this funding mechanism issue."
Mr. Kaplinksy is senior counsel at Ballard Spahr LLP and former head of the firm's Consumer Financial Services Group. Read the full articles containing his quotes below (subscription may be required.)
- New York Times, "Appeals Court Finds Consumer Bureau's Funding Unconstitutional"
- Law360, "A Judicial 'Tidal Wave' Just Walloped the CFPB. Now What?'
- Bloomberg Law, "CFPB Funding Decision Is Grist for Agency Enforcement Fights"
- Bloomberg Law, "CFPB Appellate Ruling Portends ‘Chaos’ in Financial System"
- American Banker, "All of CFPB's past actions threatened by appeals court decision"