The CFPB’s Final Collection Rules– What’s In, What’s Out, and Where To Go From Here?
It is widely anticipated that the CFPB’s release of its long-awaited collection rules—which will mark the first major substantive update to the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA) since its creation in 1977—is likely to occur within the next few days, as opposed to the end of the month. Please join us for a deep dive into the final rules and what they mean for collection efforts and activities of creditors and their third-party collection agency partners.
During this webinar, we will explore:
- Any material revisions or changes to the rules from what was presented in the 2019 Notice of Proposed Rulemaking
- How the final rules impact creditor/first-party collections, if at all;
- Strategies to begin implementing the rules and updating/evolving related internal processes and procedures;
- The potential for legal challenges to the final rules; and
- Best practice recommendations and compliance strategies for moving forward.
There will be a lot to discuss and we look forward to a lively and informative discussion with members of our firm’s Collections Team.