PLI Anti-Money Laundering Conference
The PLI Anti-Money Laundering Conference—held virtually this year—will tackle critical issues in Bank Secrecy Act/Anti-Money Laundering compliance and money laundering enforcement. These issues are increasingly important across industries and across the world, as regulators and prosecutors continue to apply pressure.
The conference is the premier program in this field, and Ballard Spahr continues to lead. Peter Hardy, Team Leader of our AML Team, will co-chair the event and will moderate the panels with Priya Roy, AML Team member.
We are pleased to present these panels:
“Hot” Issues in AML and Money Laundering: Cryptocurrencies and Cannabis
The cryptocurrency and cannabis industries pose a fascinating mix of competing opportunities and risk. We will cover:
- Recent enforcement actions
- Managing the AML risks from the perspective of financial institutions and industry participants
- The current status of legislative reform as to cannabis and banking
Shell Companies and the Real Estate Industry
Shell companies and the issue of beneficial ownership continue to be the most critical AML and money laundering issue facing financial institutions. The panel will examine:
- Shell companies and ongoing regulatory efforts
- Money laundering risks faced by real estate professionals and industry best practicies
- FinCEN's Geographic Targeting Orders