The Intersection of State and Federal Law Regarding Sentencing
The program for this complimentary CLE will provide an overview of state and federal sentencing regimes.
Speakers will discuss the following topics:
- the impact of prior convictions on career offender, prior felony offender, predicate and persistent offender statuses
- concurrent and consecutive sentencing for state and federal convictions
- how to obtain a certificate of relief from civil disabilities or certificate of good conduct after a state or federal conviction
- sealing issues for sentencing submissions
- immigration consequences for state and federal conviction
- ethical issues in federal and state sentencing
Partner and litigator Margie Peerce is the co-chair of the program and she will provide introductory remarks.
Click here for more information or to register (password: sentencing).