Kimberly R. Watkins is a commercial real estate associate whose practice focuses on large commercial real estate projects including: acquisitions, dispositions, condominium and resort development, zoning and entitlements, commercial leasing and real estate finance transactions.
Kimberly has represented both national landlords and national retail tenants in commercial leasing deals, borrowers and institutional lenders in acquisition loans and bridge loans, and resort developers in their acquisition and development of condominium hotel resorts and planned or mixed use communities.
- Represents resort owners and developers in general resort development, purchase and sale of buildings, development parcels, lots, and condominiums.
- Prepared declarations of covenants, conditions and restrictions and related governing documents for condominium and projects.
- Represented national manufacturer in $40 million multi-state sale-leaseback transaction.
Pro Bono Experience
- Represented a local LGBTQ+ nonprofit organization with acquisition, leasing, and tax exemption work as they grow to provide support groups, programs, and therapy for LGBTQ+ youth and their families.
- Represents a veterans non-profit organization in a current land access matter to develop land to provide disabled veterans opportunities to enjoy extreme sports previously unavailable to them due to injury.
American Bar Association
Utah Bar Association
Board Memberships & Community Service
Sandy Area Chamber of Commerce, past Public Relations Director, 2014-2015
Brigham Young University, J. Reuben Clark Law School (J.D. 2018)
Senior Editor, 2017-2018, Associate Editor, 2016-2017, BYU Law Review
Women in the Law President, 2016-2017
Recipient, National Association of Women Lawyers Award
Utah Valley University (B.A. 2013)