- Real Estate
- Real Estate Finance
- Commercial Loan Servicing
- Distressed Real Estate
- Private Equity Real Estate
- Insurance Company and Institutional Investments
- Banking and Financial Services
- CMBS Loan Origination
- New York Real Estate Finance
- Western Real Estate Finance
- Real Estate and Construction Litigation
- Housing Finance
- Representation of a national finance company in its balance sheet, bridge lending program, including the following representative transactions:
- The origination of a $21.7 million bridge mortgage loan secured by a near vacant office building in suburban Maryland intended to reposition to a medical office and services building during the term of the bridge loan. The transaction also included complicated zoning and impact issues.
- The origination of numerous multifamily rental and seniors’ housing mortgage loans, often including extensive structuring for future advances and capital improvements programs.
- The origination of a $78 million mortgage loan secured by a multifamily rental project in Long Island City, New York, structured with a senior A note and subordinate B note, with the client holding the subordinate B note. The representation included the drafting and negotiation of an A/B participation agreement and mortgage loan servicing agreement. The origination occurred mid construction and as a result, the transaction involved complicated structuring of the loan to protect the lenders under New York’s lien law.
- The origination of a $19 million loan, secured by a defaulted $32.3 million construction loan note, which note was secured by a mortgage on a multifamily project located in Las Vegas, Nevada, the debtor under which was in bankruptcy proceedings. This representation included careful structuring to provide for the client’s approval of any bankruptcy plan approved by the court.
Ballard Spahr's Diversity Council
Ballard Spahr Hiring Committee
Co-Chair, Ballard Spahr Summer Associate Program, 2013-2014
Speaker, "Building Bridges Together in the Practice of Law," 33rd Annual RPTE Virtual National CLE Conference, April 21, 2021
Moderator, "Views on Construction Lending: Owners vs. Lenders," Commercial Observer, Spring Financing Commercial Real Estate Forum, June 4, 2019
Faculty, “Dangerous Liaisons or Elective Affinities – Subordination, Non-Disturbance and Attornment Agreements,” Pennsylvania Bar Institute, Annual Real Estate Institute, December 4, 2014
Temple University James E. Beasley School of Law (J.D. 2006)
Member, Temple Law Review
Temple University (B.A. 2003)