Albert S. Dandridge, III is a securities attorney whose practice involves municipal and corporate finance matters. He frequently counsels broker-dealers, investment advisors, and major public companies on their financing and securities reporting requirements. He is a sought-after lecturer on these and similar topics.
Al has served as Associate Director of Small Business and International Corporate Finance in the SEC’s Division of Corporation Finance, where he also served as Special Counsel. He is a Vietnam War combat veteran with the U.S. Marine Corps and was awarded the Bronze Star with Combat “V” for Valor and the Purple Heart.
- Served as counsel to the corporate trustee in connection with a $14 billion merger and subsequent sale of securities.
- Served as counsel to a significant activist shareholder in obtaining a material stake in a major industrial company.
- Served as local counsel to Fortune 100 clothing manufacturer and distributor in connection with $250 million tender offer and $1.25 billion consent solicitation.
- Served as counsel to a special committee of independent directors in connection with a NASDAQ-quoted communications company affecting a “going private” transaction.
- Served as counsel to a dissident group of shareholders that was successful in gaining control in a proxy contest at a major natural resources company.
- Advisor to the Board of Directors of a multi-state retirement community owner and operator on their corporate governance responsibilities.
City of Philadelphia Board of Directors of City Trusts, Chair, Girard Estate Committee; Chair, Finance Committee
Philadelphia Diversity Law Group, Inc., Secretary and Treasurer; Board of Directors
National Advisory Board to the National Symposium on Diversity in the Legal Profession
Recognition & Accomplishments
The Best Lawyers in America Corporate Law, 2007-2023; Securities Regulation, 2019-2023; “Lawyer of the Year,” Securities Regulation, 2022 (Philadelphia)
Co-recipient, International Financial Law Review Restructuring Deal of the Year, 2016
“Giant of the Business Bar,” Business Law Section of the Philadelphia Bar Association, 2016
Panelist, “The Liacouras Committee: How Far We’ve Come & How Far We Have To Go,” Temple Law Alumni Association, June 1, 2017
Panelist, “Panel of Stars,” Philadelphia Diversity Law Group Fellows Program Alumni Conference, May 6, 2017
Presenter, “Career Management for Young Diverse Attorneys,” Philadelphia Diversity Law Group Diversity & Inclusion Symposium, Nov. 12, 2015
Board Memberships & Community Service
The Philadelphia Lawyer, Editorial Board
Chestnut Hill Academy, former member of Board of Directors
Women’s Way, former member of Board of Directors
“Eight Minutes and Forty-Six Seconds: From Sympathy to Empathy,” The Legal Intelligencer, July 3, 2020
Co-author, “First Up: Choosing a Mentor, Pitching New Business and a Little Coffee Talk,” The Legal Intelligencer, July 4, 2019
“A Chair Too Far? No. We Need to Support Diverse Talent in Philadelphia,” The Legal Intelligencer, Feb. 2, 2018
University of Pennsylvania Law School (LL.M. 1979)
Temple University Beasley School of Law (J.D. 1978)
Temple University (B.A., magna cum laude, 1975)
U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
U.S. Supreme Court