- Represented approximately twenty institutional investors in the limited offering and sale of nearly $220 million of senior lien, tax-exempt revenue bonds issued by the Southern Ohio Port Authority. The proceeds were loaned by the issuer to a special purpose affiliate of PureCycle Technologies to finance a portion of the costs of developing a state-of-the-art facility in Ironton, Ohio that will recycle waste polypropylene into near-virgin resin.
- Served as bond purchaser counsel in the financing for a project consisting of the acquisition, construction, and equipping of a solid waste treatment and disposal and recycling facility to include the processing of solid food waste and biosolids to produce fertilizer, renewable electricity, and renewable natural gas in Rialto, California.
- Participated in the financing of the development of a biofuels production facility in Oregon that converts woody biomass from timber harvest residuals and forest thinning activities into jet, diesel, and gasoline blendstock fuels.
- Served as counsel to the underwriters in connection with the limited offering of bonds for an affiliate of Equilibrium Capital Group. The bonds will be used to construct an anaerobic digestion facility and associated gas conditioning and interconnection facilities located at a large dairy in Arizona.
- Served as counsel to the underwriter in connection with the limited offering of multiple bond issues for Fulcrum Sierra Biofuels, LLC for the acquisition, construction, improvement, development, equipping, and furnishing of biorefinery facilities and related infrastructure improvements that will convert municipal solid waste to diesel fuel.
- Worked on a 2019 project to finance the development of a plastics recovery and recycling facility that will convert mixed polymer waste into gasoline blendstock and wax in Indiana.
- Served as bond counsel in connection with the successful closing of unrated, tax-exempt bonds to finance a portion of the costs to construct and develop a new post-consumer polyethylene terephthalate (pcrPET) recycling facility in Reading, Pennsylvania.
- Represented the private participant in a public-private partnership with Montgomery County to develop an 1,800 ton-per-day waste-to-energy facility, improvements to a 200 ton-per-day recycling facility and sanitary landfill, and an expansion and upgrading of its existing transfer station, including the construction of a rail yard and the creation of a rail system.
- Served as counsel to the underwriter in connection with the limited offering of bonds used to finance the construction, equipping, and operation of an agricultural waste to pulp conversion plant in Washington State.
- Served as bond counsel in connection with the financing, through the issuance of two series of taxable and tax-exempt municipal bonds, both featuring current delivery and forward delivery tranches, for a project consisting of the acquisition, construction, and equipping of a solid waste treatment and disposal and recycling facility which converts unsold food collected from supermarkets in the Philadelphia region to produce pet food and other animal feedstocks.
- Served as bond purchaser counsel in the financing by Aries Clean Energy of a project consisting of the leasehold acquisition, conversion, and equipping of an industrial building approximately 20 miles from New York City to house a facility designed to convert municipal biosolids into renewable energy in a closed loop system keeping biosolids out of area landfills and avoiding potentially harmful land application.