Our experience includes these matters:

  • We have represented E.I. DuPont de Nemours & Company in many M&A transactions, including the $70 million acquisition of the outstanding stock of Coastal Training Technologies Corporation, a leading global producer and marketer of cutting-edge training programs.
  • We represented Giant Industries, Inc., a publicly traded refiner and marketer of petroleum products, in transactions including its acquisition by Western Refining, Inc., a publicly traded company in the same industry. The $1.3 billion transaction was complicated by a number of significant events, including two refinery fires, a transaction restructure, and a threatened injunction by the Federal Trade Commission.
  • We represented Airborne, Inc. in its $150 million sale to Schiff Nutrition Group.
  • We represented Allied Waste Industries, Inc., in acquisitions and divestiture transactions with industry leaders Waste Management, Inc., Veolia ES Solid Waste, Inc., and Waste Services, Inc.
  • We represented Cardiocom in its $200 million sale to Medtronic.
  • We represented C-COR Incorporated, maker of cable network distribution equipment, in its $730 million acquisition by ARRIS Group Inc.
  • We represented Cushman & Wakefield, a commercial real estate services company owned by a leading national private equity fund, in numerous acquisitions throughout the United States.
  • We represented Digene Corporation, a biotechnology company we took public in the early 1990s, in its acquisition by QIAGEN N.V., a Netherlands-based global lab diagnostic equipment company. The transaction was valued at $1.6 billion.
  • We represented Graco, Inc. in the $590 million sale of the company’s Liquid Finishing business to Carlisle Companies Inc. The transaction was subject to a 3-year-long FTC divestment order.
  • We represented Hercules, Inc., in a variety of M&A and financing transactions over the last decade and in its recent acquisition by Ashland, Inc., a specialty chemical company. The transaction value was approximately $3 billion.
  • We represented InfraSource Services Inc., a specialty contractor servicing utility transmission and distribution infrastructures, in its acquisition by industrial contractor Quanta Services Inc. in an all-stock deal valued at nearly $1.3 billion. InfraSource became a wholly owned subsidiary of Quanta, with Quanta shareholders owning 75 percent of the combined company and InfraSource shareholders owning the remaining 25 percent.
  • We represented an Australian company, New Horizon Minerals, in its $25 million acquisition of assets out of bankruptcy in the Western United States.
  • We represented Penske Automotive Group, a publicly traded automotive group, and its subsidiary in M&A transactions, including acquisitions and divestitures in several Western states.
  • We represented Upsher-Smith in its sale from its parent, ACOVA, Inc., to Japan's Sawai Pharmaceutical Co. Ltd. in an equity interest deal valued at $1.05 billion.
  • We represented a communications equipment manufacturer in its sale for approximately $750 million.
  • We represented a NASDAQ-listed manufacturing company in the acquisition of a subsidiary of a Dutch company with operations in 14 countries, including separate services and asset acquisition agreements with subsidiaries in 14 countries.
  • We represented a NASDAQ-listed manufacturing company in acquiring a processing plant in India.
  • We represented a large retailer of contact lenses in the cash and stock-for-assets acquisition of a Singapore company and its Chinese affiliates (including a contact lens manufacturing facility and related intellectual property) and related financing with a large U.S. bank and the Development Bank of Singapore.
  • We represented one of the country's largest food distribution service companies in numerous acquisitions throughout the United States.
  • We represented a provider of clinical trial patient recruitment services in its $87 million sale to a private equity firm.
  • We represented bank holding companies in the acquisition and/or sale of subsidiary banks, including advising such companies on strategies to prepare for the sale and optimize the purchase price.
  • We represented banks and bank holding companies in connection with the acquisition of insurance agencies, leasing companies, factoring companies, and other specialty finance companies.