Lanre Popoola represents lenders in the acquisition, construction, and financing of residential and commercial real estate properties, with a primary focus on affordable housing. Lanre regularly closes transactions utilizing low-income housing credits, tax-exempt bonds, and conventional financing.
Before entering law school, Lanre worked for lending institutions on the structuring, financing, and refinancing of complex residential and commercial real estate transactions.
- Represented community development financial institution in connection with bridge financing of mixed-used property in Washington, DC.
- Represented lender in connection with a $24,000,000.00 tax exempt loan, inclusive of 4% LIHTC allocation, soft subordinate debt and $3,000,000.00 taxable tail.
- Represented lender in connection with forward commitment for permanent financing of health care facility in Bronx, New York.
- Represented community development financial institution in connection with permanent financing for charter school facility in Chicago, Illinois.
- Represented lender in connection with a $70,000,000.00 loan for multifamily property in San Jose, California.
- Represented lenders in connection with Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae loans throughout the United States.
Hon. Beverly J. Woodard, Circuit Court for Prince George's County, Upper Marlboro, Md.
District of Columbia Bar Association
Howard University School of Law (J.D. 2012)
Human Rights and Globalization Law Review, Executive Articles Editor
Bryant University (B.A. 2000)
District of Columbia