Racquel A. Muindi is an associate in the firm’s Finance Department, focusing her practice on commercial real estate finance matters.
With a background as a P3/infrastructure lawyer counseling a broad range of public and private clients across various sectors, Racquel’s experience enables her to offer clients a unique perspective on aspects of real estate and project finance transactions. Racquel has played a leading role in advising clients throughout the country on key issues and including procurement and bid preparation, deal structuring, pre-development delivery, and financing.
Racquel also has experience advising corporate clients through multi-billion-dollar cross-border deals involving entity formation, commercial contracts, restructurings, and private equity transactions.
Real Estate Finance Representative Matters
- Represented lender in connection with a $39M mezzanine loan secured by 20+ affordable housing properties in Los Angeles.
- Represented lender in connection with an $80M credit lease-backed note financing secured by a to-be-completed medical office facility in Las Vegas.
- Represented borrower in the disposition of a portfolio of commercial properties in Los Angeles in connection with a 1031 exchange.
P3/Infrastructure Representative Matters
- Represented the Pennsylvania Department of Transportation in connection with the Major Bridges P3 Initiative and Partnership I-81 project.
- Represented the Georgia Department of Transportation in connection with the I-285/I-20 East and West Interchange projects.
- Represented the Kansas Department of Transportation in connection with developing procurement documents and a form of project agreement for progressive design-build delivery for highway projects.
Pro Bono Experience
Young Professionals in Infrastructure
Commercial Real Estate Finance Council
Panelist, "Expectation vs. Reality: Aligning Owner Estimates with Procurement Outcomes," P3C, September 15, 2021
Panelist, "Future-Proofing Water Projects for a Rapidly-Changing Climate," P3 Water Summit, April 23, 2021
Board Memberships & Community Service
George Washington University Law School (J.D. 2016)
Chapman University (B.A. 2013)
District of Columbia