Jay Coogan represents private equity, venture capital, and other investment firms—as well as privately held companies—in mergers and acquisitions, securities offerings, venture capital financings, and the establishment of startup and emerging businesses.
Jay's clients invest in and operate enterprises spanning a range of industries, including technology, manufacturing, business services, consumer products, and health care. He also works with institutional investors in the purchase, sale, financing, and operation of their portfolio companies.
Mergers & Acquisitions
- Dollar Financial Group, Inc., in its acquisition of Cash-N-Dash Check Cashing, Inc.
- Honeywell, Inc. in its acquisition of APT Incorporated, an operator of air and fluid management systems
- Penn Maid Foods, Inc. in its sale to Crowley Foods, Inc.
- Osage Investments, Inc. in its acquisition of Lakota, Inc., a manufacturer of computer parts
- Osage Investments, Inc. in its acquisition of Jacob Holtz Company, a manufacturer of casters and furniture footings Guardian Capital Partners in its acquisition of Sure Fit, Inc., a manufacturer of furniture covers
- Guardian Capital Partners in its acquisition of R&D Circuits, Inc., a manufacturer of printed circuit boards for testing equipment
- RCD Technology, Inc. in its offering of Series A preferred stock
- SUNRx, Inc., a pharmacy benefit management services provider, in its Series A preferred stock offering to NLM Capital Partners
- Flipswap, Inc. in its Series B preferred stock offering to NGEN and RRE Ventures
- NovaCare, Inc., a national provider of comprehensive therapy services, in its acquisition of Rehab Systems Company RehabClinics, Inc., a national operator of outpatient physical therapy services, in its $62 million initial public offering of common stock
- NovaCare, Inc. in the acquisition of Orthopedic Services, Inc. (NASDAQ: OSX)
- Temple University Health System in its acquisition of Episcopal Hospital
Member, Association for Corporate Growth
Member, Philadelphia Alliance for Capital and Technologies (PACT) —Event Chair for IMPACT 2011 Conference
Recognition & Accomplishments
Chambers USA has recognized Jay in Corporate, Mergers and Acquisitions every year since 2010
"Drafting Transfer Provisions in M&A Agreements," Strafford, November 2020
"Drafting Transfer Provisions in Joint Acquisition Vehicles; Preserving Flexibility, Avoiding Pitfalls," Lawline, September 2020
Board Memberships & Community Service
Business Advisory Board, Beyond Celiac
Parents Board, Bucknell University
Tulane Law School (J.D., magna cum laude, Dean's Medal, Order of the Coif)
Vanderbilt University (B.A.)