Philadelphia 2018 Legislative Recap: Important Building and Zoning Code Updates
1735 Market Street, 48th Floor
The City of Philadelphia recently instituted several updates to its zoning code and adopted a new building code, which has significant implications for both new real estate development projects and changes to previously approved projects.
This program will include a discussion of the important code changes, including:
- significant new requirements for community notice of new construction;
- stringent procedures for the City’s administrative review of changes to projects previously approved by the Zoning Board of Adjustment;
- the new affordable housing floor area bonus;
- deadlines for completing projects under the old building code;
- changes to building code requirements, with implications for Board of Building Standards variances; and
- plumbing and energy code updates.