Brian J. Slagle is an associate in the Business and Finance Department and a member of the Consumer Financial Services Group. His practice focuses on providing regulatory advice to clients on state and federal consumer finance laws. He regularly assists clients with a range of compliance and transactional issues relating to the Truth in Lending Act (TILA), Equal Credit Opportunity Act (ECOA), Electronic Funds Transfer Act (EFTA), Electronic Signatures in Global and National Commerce Act (ESIGN), the Telephone Consumer Protection Act (TCPA), and UDAAP statutes prohibiting unfair, deceptive, and abusive acts and practices.
- Drafting ESIGN and TCPA compliant electronic contracting procedures for an online lender’s website and mobile application
- Revising the debt collection procedures of an indirect auto finance company
- Assisting appellate litigation involving an employer’s use of payroll cards under state wage and hour laws
- Counseling marketplace lender on UDAAP risks associated with prospective marketing initiatives
- Advising non-bank client on TILA remediation procedures and disclosure requirements
Mr. Slagle is a former summer associate at Ballard Spahr. He most recently worked as a clerk for Hon. Franklin S. Van Antwerpen in the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit.
Hon. Dolores K. Sloviter, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit, 2013-14