Juliana D. Gerrick is an associate in the Business and Finance Department and a member of the Consumer Financial Services Group. Her practice focuses on providing regulatory advice to clients on state and federal consumer finance laws. She regularly assists clients with a range of compliance and transactional issues relating to the Truth in Lending Act (TILA), Equal Credit Opportunity Act (ECOA), Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), Servicemembers Civil Relief Act (SCRA), Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA), Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA), Electronic Fund Transfer Act (EFTA), Electronic Signatures in Global and National Commerce Act (ESIGN), Telephone Consumer Protection Act (TCPA), and UDAAP statutes prohibiting unfair, deceptive, and abusive acts and practices.
- Drafting regulatory compliance procedures of an indirect auto finance company
- Drafting Regulation B and FCRA compliant notices of adverse action for a non-bank client
- Identifying and remediating compliance weaknesses throughout product lifecycles, including marketing, application, origination, servicing, and collections
- Advising companies, including major card issuers and indirect auto lenders, on fair lending compliance and testing programs
- Assisting clients in preparing and responding to examinations and investigations by state and federal regulators
- Providing guidance to clients on ADA compliance for call centers and websites
Prior to joining the firm, Ms. Gerrick was a Management Associate for Citigroup Inc., where she worked in Citi Cards Compliance, Retail Banking Compliance, AML Advisory Compliance, and Fixed Income Compliance.
Ms. Gerrick has also clerked for the State of California's Office of the Attorney General, Corporate Fraud-Securities Unit.
Ms. Gerrick is a frequent contributor to Money Laundering Watch, Ballard Spahr's blog focused exclusively on money laundering issues.
Pro Bono Experience
Volunteer attorney for Neighborhood Entrepreneur Law Project’s pro bono small business legal clinic
Wills for Heroes