If you feel like you’re being watched, you have good reason. After reviewing 800 randomly selected mortgage-related advertisements, the CFPB and FTC announced on November 19, 2012, that they sent warning letters to mortgage lenders and brokers and other companies advising that their advertisements may violate federal laws, including the Mortgage Acts and Practices–Advertising Rule.
Join us for a timely and important webinar focusing on mortgage advertising dos and don’ts. Our attorneys will address many key topics, including:
- What is considered an advertisement
- Sources of mortgage loan advertising requirements
- Hot-button advertisement issues for the CFPB and FTC
- The need for both technical compliance and overall clarity and accuracy in advertisements
- The risks presented by loan officer websites
- The risks presented by loan officer marketing through social media, such as Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter
- The need for policies and procedures requiring the review of all consumer advertisements and marketing materials
- Potential consequences for violating the law
12:00 PM - 1:00 PM ET | Webinar
Alan S. Kaplinsky, Practice Leader, Consumer Financial Services Group
Richard J. Andreano, Jr., Practice Leader, Mortgage Banking Group
John D. Socknat, Practice Leader, Mortgage Banking Group
There is no cost to attend. This program is not eligible for continuing education credits.
Please register at least two days before the webinar. Login details will be sent to all approved registrants. For more information, contact Lisa Prickril at email@example.com.