In this webinar, we will share our experience and the lessons we have learned from assisting companies in the consumer financial services industry in responding to Civil Investigative Demands (CID).
We will explore the various strategic considerations that confront companies during all phases of a CID response. We also will share some of the successful strategies we have used to help clients limit potential compliance costs and build a reputation as cooperative with the CFPB during CID investigations.
We will focus on:
- The process, including the importance of the "meet and confer" with CFPB staff
- Evaluating the scope of the CID as initially written and compliance requirements
- Assessing whether the cost and time involved in a CID response warrant approaching the CFPB to propose narrowing the CID's scope and successful strategies for doing so
- The risks and benefits of challenging the CID
- The importance of setting reasonable and manageable expectations and goals with the CFPB from the outset
- How CFPB investigations differ from those conducted by FTC, the prudential regulators, and state attorneys general
- Where there is a need to disclose the receipt of the CID
12:00 PM - 1:30 PM ET | Webinar
Alan S. Kaplinsky, Practice Leader, Consumer Financial Services Group
Christopher J. Willis, Partner, Consumer Financial Services Group
Stefanie H. Jackman, Associate, Consumer Financial Services Group
There is no cost to attend. This program is not eligible for continuing education credits. Please register at least two days before the webinar. Login details will be sent to all registrants. For more information, contact Lisa Prickril at email@example.com.