The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau has just released a 131-page report on private education loans and private education lenders. The report purports to provide an overview of the private student loan marketplace and the consumer protection issues policymakers may wish to address. In fact, it signals the direction of future CFPB examinations and enforcement actions in the private student loan arena.
Attorneys from Ballard Spahr and analysts from Navigant Consulting will examine the report and explore the marketplace, the borrowers, significant consumer protection issues, and key fair lending issues as seen by the CFPB. We also will outline some of the actions lenders, service providers, and secondary market participants should take now to prepare for the coming onslaught of CFPB activity.
Our panel will focus on the CFPB's view of:
- The Marketplace – Which lenders, loan markets, and products are targets for CFPB examination and enforcement and why?
- The Borrowers – Which characteristics of borrowers and their repayment behaviors are believed to necessitate CFPB intervention?
- Consumer Protection – Which enhanced consumer protections will the CFPB expect to see and how might they be implemented?
- Fair Lending Issues – Which underwriting, school eligibility, and pricing criteria will be attacked by the CFPB and why?
Who Should Attend
- Schools, lenders, service providers, and secondary market participants
- Attorneys and compliance professionals practicing in the student loan arena
12:00 PM - 1:30 PM ET | Webinar
Alan S. Kaplinsky, Practice Leader, Consumer Financial Services Group, Ballard Spahr LLP
John L. Culhane, Jr., Partner, Consumer Financial Services Group, Ballard Spahr LLP
Christopher J. Willis, Partner, Consumer Financial Services Group, Ballard Spahr LLP
Lee Ann M. Hoover, Managing Director, Navigant Consulting
Dr. Raman Mandapaka, Director, Valuation & Financial Risk Management, Navigant Consulting
There is no cost to attend. This program is not eligible for continuing education credits. Please register at least two days before the webinar. Login details will be sent to all registrants. For more information, contact Shellee Buchanan at firstname.lastname@example.org.