Employers must be equipped to make informed decisions about benefit plans to prevent, and be prepared for, litigation. Our attorneys have extensive experience in evaluating and litigating disputes arising under the Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA) and related federal and state laws.
With baby boomers entering retirement, upheaval in the financial markets, new regulations yielding greater reporting burdens, and a significant level of class action litigation, the national focus has shifted to best practices and transparency. Our litigators and counselors help employers keep pace with developments in this area of the law.
Our clients include employers and other plan sponsors, employee benefit plans, trustees, plan administrators, and other plan fiduciaries in all aspects of employee benefits litigation, from class actions to individual claims. We regularly assist in matters involving:
- Breaches of fiduciary duty, including cases involving employer stock investments
- Claims for benefits under retirement, health and welfare, and executive compensation arrangements
- Cutbacks in pension and retiree health and welfare benefits
- Cash balance pension plan conversions
- Multiemployer pension and welfare plan contributions and withdrawal liability
- ERISA Section 510 discrimination claims
- Disputes with service providers