Advancing diversity in the legal profession means attracting the best, most representative legal talent around and doing our part to increase the number of diverse lawyers throughout the profession.
This is how we fulfill our mission:
- We coordinate DuPont's annual Legal Minority Job Fair, at which students from across the country interview for summer and associate positions with DuPont's primary law firms and legal service providers. We have been at the forefront of this event for a decade and have hired several lawyers as a result of our participation.
- Our attorneys coach the mock trial team at Constitution High School, one of many activities through which we fulfill our role as a financial and hands-on partner of this landmark magnet school. The student body of the Center City Philadelphia school is largely minority and includes a number of aspiring lawyers.
- We meet candidates at the following events: Delaware State Bar Association Minority Job Fair, Lavender Law Job Fair, Philadelphia Area Minority Job Fair, Rocky Mountain Diversity Legal Career Fair, Sadie T.M. Alexander Career Fair at the University of Pennsylvania, and job fairs sponsored by Harvard University's Black Law Students Association, Howard University School of Law, and the National Black Law Student Association.
- We are a founding member of the Philadelphia Diversity Law Group (PDLG), an organization that promotes diversity in the practice of law.
- Our Denver office is a member of the Center for Legal Inclusiveness, which is dedicated to increasing diversity and inclusiveness in the legal profession.
- We support minority law directories, including the Vault and Minority Corporate Counsel Association's Guide to Diversity Programs, Minority Law Journal's Diversity Scorecard, and MultiCultural Law magazine's Top 100 Firms for Diversity survey.